FREE EXPRESS DELIVERY ON ORDERS OVER £150.00
Plantagenet, Three Lions, Pinot Noir, 2019
You will receive one wonderful bottle of 750ml Three Lions - Great Southern Pinot Noir. An truly...
- You will receive one wonderful bottle of 750ml Three Lions - Great Southern Pinot Noir. An truly brilliant 100% Pinot Noir well packaged and protected for shipping.
- This wine is deep ruby red in colour. On the nose, there are lifted aromas of red cherry, with fresh rose and a savoury complexity that leads into a vibrant palate bursting with bramble fruits and toasty oak. This Pinot Noir has fine, elegant tannins with balanced acidity.
- Plantagenet’s total 126 hectares of vineyard have been carved out of the region’s distinctive Marri soils, named after the massive native Marri, or Red Gum, trees that grow here. The soils are gravelly loams with good drainage over a base of clay, sand or the ironstone rock, ensuring that the vines are not over-watered or over-fertilised, thus allowing for optimal fruit concentration.
- The Three Lions wines are new from Plantagenet. The name Plantagenet was given to the shire in Western Australia by early English settlers, and was adopted by the winery when it was established in 1974. The arms of the Gules family, who later became the Plantagenet dynasty, were three lions passant guardant, termed colloquially "the arms of England". They were first adopted by King Richard the Lionheart (1189–1199)
- Typical cool climate conditions prevailed throughout veraison with cool, clear nights and crisp, dewy mornings maintaining acid levels and enhancing the fruit aromatic. A long cool ripening period with little weather pressure has created a good vintage across the varietals.