FREE EXPRESS DELIVERY ON ORDERS OVER £150.00
The "Great Southern White Wine" Bundle - Pack of TWO Premium Australian White Wines from Plantagenet - Chardonnay, and Sauvignon Blanc (75CL)
You will receive two wonderful bottles of 750ml Three Lions Great Southern Australian White Wine...
- You will receive two wonderful bottles of 750ml Three Lions Great Southern Australian White Wine. 1 x Chardonnay and 1 x Sauvignon Blanc
- Sauvignon Blanc - This wine is pale lemon in colour with intense aromas of tropical and stone fruits, lemon blossom and fresh herbs. On the palate, it is vibrant with ripe lemon, grapefruit and white peach notes. A subtle textural element adds weight while refreshing natural acidity provides focus and leads to a crisp, lingering finish.
- Chardonnay - Complex palate of fresh rockmelon, grilled peach, lemon curd, nougat, cashews. Great fresh acidity balanced with lees derived texture and ripe fruit from an exceptional vintage. Great fruit intensity balances with a higher level of barrel maturation than previous vintage. Good length and finish is savoury and nutty.
- Plantagenet’s total 126 hectares of vineyard have been carved out of the region’s distinctive Marri soils, named after the massive native Marri, or Red Gum, trees that grow here. The soils are gravelly loams with good drainage over a base of clay, sand or the ironstone rock, ensuring that the vines are not over-watered or over-fertilised, thus allowing for optimal fruit concentration.
- The Three Lions wines are new from Plantagenet. The name Plantagenet was given to the shire in Western Australia by early English settlers, and was adopted by the winery when it was established in 1974. The arms of the Gules family, who later became the Plantagenet dynasty, were three lions passant guardant, termed colloquially "the arms of England". They were first adopted by King Richard the Lionheart (1189–1199)